CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas Giving

Hey family!

What do we want to do for our family gift giving? Should we draw families to give to? Should we all donate to a charity instead of giving gifts to one another? I'm anxious to get going on Christmas, so pass along your comments ASAP!

It was SO fabulous to see everyone last weekend! Thanks for creating time to spend with us. We know you are all busy. Ivie had a wonderful time with Scott, Kara and Will and can't wait to see them again this weekend. Caleb did great too. Wes and I are converted to vacations w/o kids!

6 comments:

Scott W. Mortensen MHA, MBA said...

I say donate to a charity!

The Mortensens said...

I say we think of something fast too! :) I'm up for whatever, I think I prefer donating too, or picking a family to do sub for santa or something like that.

Owen & Ashlie said...

I agree with you all. It would be nice if we could find a sub-for-santa or something, because the kids could be involved. On the other hand, Owen just wants everyone to give him gifts! He will be posting his list within the week. Love you all.

Devin and Liz said...

I say we are all rotten spoiled, and donating is the least we can do! merry christmas ;)
No but really, I think that's a great idea... I haven't done something like that for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Me too! Charities are kind of hard, because we don't know how much of what we contribute is going where we want it to go. But sup for Santa sounds really good to me. Who who be in charge of finding a family?

jkmortensen said...

I am all for the donation thing. If we are worried about where it is going I think the perpetual education fund is always good- the gift that keeps giving. Jesse and I have some friends that are going through some really hard times right now, he is 27 and may have brain tumor (they are still doing tests), if it is a brain tumor it will be terminal based on the size. to top it off they are pregnant and due in Dec. and found out their baby may have downs syndrome. If anyone is interested in helping this family they could use some help. Anyway I agree with Liz, based on so many around, I have health a roof over my head, the best hardworking husband in the world and a beautiful perfect daughter, I don't need anything else.