This week has been a good one despite the fact we've all been mildly sick and it is dangerously frigid outside. I say...GOOD TIMING! We wouldn't have been going anywhere anyway! I think this extreme cold is refreshing. The sun shines in the clear frozen sky, and really, what disgusting bug or germ could possibly survive it out there! School was cancelled for the past 2 days due to the extreme cold. You can't really send a kid to the bus stop in this kind of weather for fear the bus froze on the way and would never make it and your kids would come home with a few less digits. Cancelled school feels like an unexpected holiday...an unexpected holiday I NEVER experienced growing up in Utah. Utah needs to get with it! In my dad's 36 years of teaching, school was cancelled twice. These unexpected holidays have been perfect. Most other things we had on the calendar were cancelled as well, so we spent a lovely few days at home. This evening, I colored a masterpiece with Ivie and built an amazing racetrack with Caleb. We danced around to my favorite music of late ("About a Boy" soundtrack) and made our quiet Norah laugh out loud. We made ooey gooey caramel corn and watched "The Little Rascals" for the 15th time since it arrived in our mailbox 4 days ago (and loved every minute of it--notice the photo). I caught up with my sister Melissa over the phone and laughed HARD about a mellow-drama she wanted to see over Christmas, "The Bipolar Express". I shouldn't laugh about such stabs at an illness.
Love you ALL!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Our "-39 degrees and Dad's on-call PARTY"
Posted by Lorinda at 10:50 PM
3 comments:
I love my little family. Poor Caleb's face always looks beat up, bruised, messy, with a runny nose, or tired eyes.
Yep, my friend looked at his thermometer: 39 degrees below zero this morning! That is NOT counting a windchill factor which would probably make it -70 or so.
-wes
Now that's a good example of making lemonade from lemons. 39 below...seriously? that is not right. I am just beginning the stage where I am starting to get sick of winter, but every time I have a "hate winter" thought I just pull up weather.com and look at how cold it is there in MN. OUCH. I bet you guys can't wait for FL.
Luv ya. Owen and fam.
I love you Rin... you're such a good mom :) I can't wait to see all of you guys soon... it will be BETTER than Christmas! Yipppeeeee
Post a Comment