CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Great Tradition

I am also a big fan of Wes and Lorinda's suggestion for Christmas. Last week the girls and I went to Shopko. They had one of those Sub-for-Santa trees and the girls each chose a girl that was near their age. Then we went through the store and they each chose some clothes and/or toys for their girl. The girls were so sweet. They tried to make sure they picked the girls' favorite colors and the other things they asked for. Ellie said she wished she could sneak in just to see their girls open their presents. In the car on the way home Molly said that she just felt so good. I don't think they have really even been talking about what they want for Christmas as much since then. We had a great time. It wasn't very convenient to take pictures though, so you will just have to imagine how sweet they looked. It is definitely the kind of thing I would like to do every year. We love you all, and are hoping you are all having great experiences. Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Lorinda said...

Oh how wonderful! I'm SO happy this was a good idea (since when was service ever a BAD idea?). I can imagine how fun that was for the girls. They are at the age where they can put others' needs above their own. Thanks for sharing! I'll post about our experience soon!