CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Sunny Spring Break!

Hola Family!

In case any of you were wondering, the long lost Daniels family is still alive, despite our poor blogging skills. We are busy little bees buzzing around with school, work, and golf, but we are happy and almost done with school! woot!
For spring break last week, we were able to enjoy a few days in sunny St.George. Thanks to the wonderful Jerald and Lorene Swenson, we were able to stay in their little condo which was very cozy, comfortable, and close to everything! They were so generous to let us enjoy it for a short time. The weather there was great; high 60's with lovely sunshine that my skin longed to feel for again.
We were able to go on some really cool hikes where we were surrounded by red rock, lizards, and streams winding through the rocks. Nature is pretty cool. Devin was always adventurous, wanting to explore the area. Can you find me in this photo below?

We were also able to go to an amazing golf course called Sand Hollow. It was insane where they placed some of the holes. In between rocks, over cliffs overlooking the land, how they landscape some courses, I just don't know! It's always fun being with Dev and watching him play golf. I really enjoy being able to see some of the courses he plays at. Pretty cool!
Here are a few other pictures of the course. Sorry if the quality or the placement of the pictures are weird, I'm still trying to figure out the art of posting pictures... if anyone has some tips for me?!



Picture below; Do you see the greens where he tee'd off in the distant? They were at different levels.... like giant steps! Neat :)
Here's one of the places he tee'd off, which was shown above at a different view.

Here's Devin showing off his latest model pose and flexibility! Go devin!

We had so much fun enjoying some time together and we are so grateful for the beautiful earth we live on! There are so many diverse places to explore... i love it! Hope everyone is doing well. We love you :)
!Oh yeah, we also visited Brigham Young's summer home that is right across from where we stayed... we got a little tour, and learned some neat history.... it was pretty cool. I should have taken a picture. I sure wouldn't mind having a summer home in St. George like he did..... maybe we should follow his example?

2 comments:

Wes said...

liz you're so poetic!
What a golf course! I'm glad it worked out to stay at the Swenson's. Do it again!

The Mortensens said...

How fun Liz! I'm glad you and Devo had a little break and fun time. I LOVE St. George, it is probably on my top 10 favorite places! Seriously. We miss you tons, thanks for posting it is always fun to hear from you. And don't worry about Wes making fun of you, he does it all the time.... I've found that if I just ignore him most of the time, he goes away. Hahahah, JK