Hey Fam!
Just wanted to remind everyone to make sure to register to vote for primaries so we can contribute in our civic duties. Ya'll know I'm into the political stuff, and it's because it's so important for all of us!
I must say, Mitt Romney's speech on faith was really impressive! It'd be something else if he won the Republican primaries... But, it would be even greater if Ron Paul won the primaries! If you haven't read or watched much about Ron Paul, I'd HIGHLY encourage you to! I'll be honest, when I first saw Ron Paul in the September debates, he seemed a little out there to me. Truth be told, he isn't one to use sensational phrases to perpetuate his candidacy, like most of the rest. I've since learned that the positions he holds make the most sense by far! We all believe the Constitution was an inspired document, finally here's a candidate who wants to uphold the Constitution and restore it's principles that are being ignored for the sake of power. ("Constitution will hang by a thread") Imagine that, a man running for President who actually wants to take power AWAY from the office he's running for. It shows his intent! Ron Paul is the only true conservative running for office, who wants to reduce the size and power of government, and let people and businesses run their own lives. I'll get off my digital soap box here, but just know that I've looked into all the candidates pretty well, and Ron Paul is unusually sincere and honest. He needs your vote! Let me know if you have any questions.
Here's an interview he did on PBS a couple of months ago:
Part 1 -http://www.youtube.com/wat
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/wat
Who ever you decide to vote for in the primary elections, you must be a registered Republican (or democrat) to vote! Even though the primaries in Utah aren't until February 5th, the deadline to register is January 6th! DON'T PUT IT OFF!!!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Ron Paul?
Posted by Ty Mortensen at 11:43 PM
3 comments:
Thanks for the info Ty. We have been passively following the debates, and we really liked Romney's speech the other day, even if we don't support him for president. I good things from several of the candidates, but I don't know much about Ron Paul. I will definitely look at that info you sent. Thanks for keeping us informed.
Thanks Ty. We are raising our girls to know that they can make a difference in this world through their independent voices. So we will be supporting Senator Hillary Clinton in her bid for the White House.
Owen and the girls.
-A big JK. We are both still deciding. I would love to see Mitt just to help out the Church. But we'll look into Paul.
Thanks.
Ty-
I watched those videos on CNN a few days ago. I actually like Ron Paul as well. He tells it how it is, doesn't sugar coat it. Wants to take control away from "power-freaks" and just wants a better nation! He really is a good guy! Thanks for the post bro!
Post a Comment